Terms and Conditions
All rights reserved, including copyright and database right. All material on this web site is copyright of Sport England.
Material on the site may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium for research, private study and personal non-commercial use. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context.
You can download and use the service on a single CPU at a time and you can print out a single hard copy of any part of the content on Sport England's website for your personal use.
Otherwise no part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior permission of Sport England.
The permission to reproduce Sport England material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Requests for use of copyright material should be emailed to email@example.com.
Sport England encourages users to establish hypertext links to this site.
The information on our web pages is provided for convenience as part of the service we offer at this web site.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in these pages. Sport England, its servants or agents shall not at any time, in any circumstances, be held responsible or liable to any party in respect of any loss, damage or costs of any nature arising directly or indirectly from reliance placed on the material in these pages, or any other guidelines or policies issued by Sport England. Visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
Guidance and Sport England policies on Lottery funding applications are subject to change from time to time, including variations required to comply with governmental directions on the application of Lottery funds. Sport England reserves the right to amend, supplement and/or discontinue, at its absolute discretion for whatever reason, any or all of the guidelines set out on these pages.
All liability for loss, disappointment, negligence or other damage caused in the event of the bankruptcy or liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm mentioned is hereby excluded.
Similarly no adverse inference should necessarily be drawn from the fact that any organisation or person or other information has been omitted from these pages, the content of the pages being determined in the sole discretion of Sport England.
Sport England is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked web sites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of pages.
The names, images, pictures and logos identifying Sport England, are proprietary marks of Sport England. Copying our logos and/or any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
Requests for permission to use our logo should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us how and why you wish to use our logo. Please include your contact details, name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
Hyperlinking to us at Sport England
You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. We do not object to you linking directly to the information hosted on our site. However we do not permit use of our logo as a link without prior permission or our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Sport England's pages must load into the user's entire window.
Virus protection awareness
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Sport England is a privacy conscious organisation and is strongly committed to your right to privacy. That is why we have drafted a Privacy and Data Protection Statement, which follows guidelines set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Data Protection Act 1998
The Data Protection Act 1998 set rules for processing personal information and applies to structured paper records as well as data held on computers. With the Freedom of Information Act 2000 which came into force on 1 January 2005, the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 will apply to all records, including those structured other than by reference to the data subject, and completely unstructured files.
Sport England’s Use and Storage of Data
The Data Protection Act states that those who record and process personal information must be open about how the information is used and must follow the eight principles of ‘good information handling’.
These principles state that data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
- Secure, and
- Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area unless that country provides a adequate level of protection
By law, data controllers, including Sport England, have to keep to these principles.
If you believe in any way that Sport England is not processing your personal data in accordance with these principles, please contact Sport England’s Records Manager , at the address listed on the contacts page.
How does Sport England collect data?
There are several means by which Sport England collects personally identifiable data, for example:
- Through a recruitment application form
- Through an application for grant funding
- Acceptance for inclusion on a mailing list or database
- For research, surveys or monitoring purposes
- By entering into email or telephone correspondence with an employee of Sport England
- Through obtaining information for HR records
All personally identifiable information provided to Sport England is processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is Z7545760.
Is information passed to third parties?
It is Sport England’s policy to only disclose information to third parties if explicitly required to do so by United Kingdom Law.
Sport England will obtain your consent before passing on any information to any third parties.
Sport England does not collect or compile personally identifying information for dissemination or sale to external parties for marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
How do I make a subject access request?
Individuals wishing to access their personal information should submit a request in accordance with the following notes:
- Make your request, in writing, to the Records Manager.
- The request should include details and provide documented evidence of who you are (e.g. driving licence, passport, birth certificate). You should also provide as much detail as possible regarding the information you wish to access (e.g. where and by whom information is believed to be held, specific details of information required etc).
- You are not required to state WHY you wish to access the information: the details we require are merely those that will aid the efficient location and retrieval of information.
- Sport England adopts a general policy of openness in terms of allowing individuals access to their personal information and wherever possible we aim to waive the £10 administration fee (permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998).
- Once the Records Manager receives a Subject Access Request, all efforts will be made to fully comply within 40 days. In any event, you will receive all the information that has been located and can be released within 40 days and an explanation for any information that cannot be provided at that time.
The Sport England web site and material relating to information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services) is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or server that makes it available are free or viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Sport England web site.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions is are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this website and therefore should cease using this website immediately.
Mapping Application End User Licence
- You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable licence solely to view the Licensed Data for non-commercial purposes for the period during which Sport England makes it available.
- Third party rights to enforce the terms of this licence shall be reserved to Ordnance Survey.
The website contains the following images that are in the public domain or under a Creative Commons license
- The Map of England image is based on an image from England in the UK and Europe on Wikipedia and is released under the CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.
- The Legal Scales image is based on an image from Sweet Clip Art and is released under the CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.
- The Calendar image is based on an image from Stock Graphic Designs and is Free for commercial use.
- The Male and Female People image is based on an image from Clker.com and is released under the Public domain license.